Building or buying a new home is one of life’s biggest investments. Whatever the architectural style or the size of the home, it is important to ensure that the final product will be of high quality and with the right finishes.
Given the massive costs involved in renovating or constructing a new home, you have to ensure that you are getting what you are paying for. The last thing you want is to pay for something that has defects or which is poorly built as it will likely have more serious cost ramifications a few years down the line as you grapple with repairs, maintenance and renovations. A poorly built home will also likely have a low resale value and as a result, your home investment will not be an investment at all but a liability.
With professional new home inspection services, you can ensure that your new home investment is well protected and that you are able to get long term satisfaction and complete peace of mind as you wait for your home to appreciate in value.
Professional and independent home inspection services are generally the final arbiter on the quality of the construction. With Hire an Inspector, you can hire the most professional and respected quality home inspectors who can assure you of a high standard of service.
Our inspectors can carry out professional and independent inspections of homes right across Australia including major centres such as Melbourne and Sydney.
What Do New Home Inspections Entail?
As the name suggests, new home inspection services are performed on homes that have been constructed very recently. They are also applicable on homes that have undergone recent renovations.
There are various categories of homes that are suited for house inspections Melbourne. These include newly constructed units or home units that have been purchased off the plan. They can also be performed on townhouses in developments that have just been constructed. Other categories of properties that can be subjected to new home building inspections include the following:
- Owner builder projects
- Homes that have been commissioned for construction
- Architect-tendered home projects
- Project homes in newly constructed estates
- Display homes
- Major renovations
The inspections should be carried out at various phases during the construction of the home. This will ensure that the integrity of the new home is not compromised at any of the stages due to negligence or unethical construction practices. Some of the stages where the new home inspection should be carried out include the following:
- The piering phase
- At the concrete slab
- The timber frame and roofing inspections
- Inspection of the roof tiles along with the brickwork
- Inspection of the wall and floor tiling
- The final inspection of the building
Generally, the new home inspections can be broadly divided into three main stages:
- Pre-Contract Inspection: Before the construction begins, it is important to ensure that the structure complies with all the local building codes.
- Pre Slab Pour Inspection and Slab Stage Inspection: This inspection is carried out in order to ensure that the contractors pour the slab in accordance with the drawings. The slab must also be poured in a way that it adheres with Australian standards and best building practices. The slab inspection phase can also extend to the finished concrete to ascertain whether it is both consistent and even. After the slab has been poured, the surface should be inspected in order to ensure that it is not flakey or powdery. The levels should also be inspected so as to ensure that the slab has been poured within the required deviations in all the important places including the entire build, the room and over level. The new building inspection team should also look at the edge rebate to check if it is not honeycombed and ensure no steel reinforcements on the slab are protruding out. A requirement in the building codes is that this edge must have at least 40mm of concrete coverage. Inspection must also cover the vapor barrier which must be extending over the concrete slab that has been poured.
- Knock Down and Rebuild Inspections: House inspections in Melbourne are not just carried out in newly constructed buildings. If you need to purchase a recently renovated or rebuilt building, you can also hire these services to test the quality and integrity of the construction. With the inspection services, you will be sure the renovations are completed properly at every stage.
Call us today and hire professional and independent new home building inspectors that have uncompromising quality standards. The experts here have an eye for the smallest of details and years of experience in providing trusted and professional property inspections in Melbourne VIC. They are familiar with the local and national building codes including the Building Code of Australia as well as various Australian and Victorian building standards. They will ensure your buildings and renovations are being done to acceptable standards.